Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Future Teacher

In about a year, I will graduate college, and finally be able to set up my own classroom.

Since I was five years old, I've been passionate about teaching and never wanted to do anything but teach (except be a rock star).

Since sophomore year of high school I've been training to become a teacher, working with children, educational internships, babysitting, taking classes, and even volunteering for Kasper (an after school program that watches children whose parents are working).

I'm in my final year of training for a teacher, and feel it's about time, I begin reflection about what I have learned and memories I've made.

Through this blog I will share the chronicles of teaching. I will talk about the process of becoming a teacher, working with students from ages three all the way to twelve.

I'm in my final year, and know it will go by extremely fast. It's about time I get myself prepared, write about what I have learned, and what I still have to learn.

I would love advice from other teachers or soon to be teachers, and if you need advice or want to know about the teacher education program at Western Illinois University- I will be glad to help!


No comments:

Post a Comment