Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Assassinate

The students are writing about Martin Luther King Jr. and two boys called me over to help them spell the word assassinate. I spelled it for them and then they typed it out and then I walked away...

Ten minutes later I walk back over there and still see the same sentence minus the work assassinate and asked them why they only had two words down and deleted the assassinate. Then one boy points a finger at a kid from another group and said "he deleted the word assassinate!" and I asked why, and that other boy goes they were deleting the -inate part so it would just be ass ass (but he spelled it out of course :). So then he was like I had to delete it because the people are watching! There are people inside our computers or people monitoring them and I saved you from getting into a lot trouble! Then the boy just looked at him in a simple, oh thanks... I understand. 

1 comment: