Sunday, September 19, 2010

Third Grade

I'm really beginning to love the third grade class I am working with. I was never a big fan of the third grade- mainly because my own experience in the third grade was nothing special. However, I've been working with third graders since last year because of block and am beginning to really like it. They are independent and can work with glue, scissors, crayons and don't need to be too supervised but they also still enjoy school and don't have smart mouths. 

My third graders and me are really beginning to get along. I'm about to begin my fourth week with the third graders and have more responsibility now which is great. I like student teaching but am also SO ready to have my own classroom. It's a tough economy and most schools are laying off teachers so I hope I don't have too much trouble landing a job. 

1 comment:

  1. Rachna, you will love third grade SO much! I taught for 22 years, from kindergarten-high school juniors, and my six years in third grade gave me some of my best moments! As you said, they are independent learners, but they still have that innocence and wonder about learning and life that makes teaching such a joy. I wish you all the best in your new career!

    ReplyDelete