Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of School!

I've officially begun student teaching and this is the final lap before I can finally be a teacher! I am working with third graders again which is a little disappointing because I was expecting first graders and just had third graders last semester but that is okay. 

Today was the first day of school and it was BEYOND hectic/crazy and that is putting it lightly. I felt like everyone was going crazy and running around like chickens with their heads cut off! It was an exhausting and overwhelming first day and I felt ridiculously tired on my way home. I also officially began a last day of student teaching countdown :) 59 days to go!

Of course the students were great and seem very nice and my mentor teacher also seems very experienced and willing to help in anyway which is great.

I'm sure this is a day I won't forget and when I'm reading this ten years from now I'll probably laugh at how dramatic I was being... or be relieved that it only did get better (hopefully). 

I am anxious for the school year to begin now and for things to just begin. The first days of school are always going over rules, assemblies, tornado/fire drills, everyone is scatter brained and I feel like teachers have to figure out every single thing. Today my teacher got two kids put on her attendance list when she walked into the building this morning so had to go make a bunch of name tags for them, a few kids didn't know how they were getting home, one didn't pay for lunch money correctly, and things were just chaotic which is expected. It's frustrating that everything is her responsibility when really most of these issues were the parents fault. 

But tomorrow is a new day and hopefully it won't be as crazy. I need comfier shoes also because we barely sat down all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment