Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Second Day

I am bad at titles... I wish I one particular topic in mind that I actually wanted to blog about, oh well.

Today was the second day of student teaching and it was MUCH better than yesterday. I felt a lot better on my drive home today than I did yesterday but am still dreading the 58 more days. I think part of the reason I feel this way is mainly cause I am busting my butt and up at an early hour and pulling a full teacher day but am not getting credit for it. I mean it does obviously count at WIU and I get a S/US depending on how I do and I will work towards the Satisfactory and hopefully will pass and be a teacher asap, but it feels like a bunch of free work that I am paying to do! I am paying 12 credit hours worth of tuition to be helping out a teacher! Then at the end of my 12 weeks she gets paid for mentoring me!! *sigh*

Anyway I can say that I am learning a lot and seeing all the sides of being a teacher that are not so fun. I like my mentor teacher but I also feel like she doesn't have a real bond or connection with her students. Of course it's only the second day of school but I feel like she doesn't really try to get to know them which is a bit annoying. However, it is only Day 2 and I know nothing about her so can't judge this quickly.

Tomorrow from 11:15-1:50 they are busy with Lunch, Gym, Music, and Art! That means a nice, chill afternoon (hopefully). I am definitely looking forward to the weekend. It felt like such a long week even though I've only gone there for half the week...

I don't know how I am going to do 58 more days (actually 56 because I get credit for two days I won't actually be there).. what a great feeling, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment