Tuesday, October 26, 2010

3/4 Finished!

Holy Moly! I am 3/4 done with student teaching!!

I had my major evaluation done yesterday and it went well! I was nervous for no reason. My evaluator was very nice and I really appreciate how comfortable the whole lesson felt. He kept his distance, didn't show judgment, constantly was smiling- was a great evaluator!  

My last day of student teaching is... November 17th!!! Then what? That's what I keep asking myself. I need to get one day of substitute teaching in before January 1st, 2011 so I can receive the current teacher retirement plan.

Any teachers in IL (near NW suburbs) if you need a substitute anytime in late November-all of December PLEASE let me know!!! Or if you know of any schools hiring.


I have been applying for substitute positions but I know most teachers have preferences over who they hire for their sub. 


Anyway, back to student teaching. This has been a great experience for me and I've learned more than I could possibly imagine. I actually feel ready and confident that I will make a great teacher. It's not cockiness but I feel my passion for teaching and the children. I love everything about teaching and it makes me happy. I think in knowing all of this it can bring me great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment