Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Dog Didn't Eat my Homework...

I absolutely love the clever excuses children give when they "forget" their homework.

Today the weather was stormy, windy, and the electricity even went out near the school I student teach at.

So when it was time to collect homework, most of the students had it. Then I go to one child and ask if he completed his homework and he says "uh... no. I left it at home." me, "okay." Him. "well you know the tornado.." There was no tornado today but I do think it's fabulous that he can blame the weather for not doing or bringing in his homework. It was kind of hilarious (I think you might have had to hear the way he said it).

Other excuses I've heard are always not enough time, my mom didn't know how to do it, I did it and I have it but someone must have taken it... and of course- what homework? We didn't have any. I love how they try to convince the teacher that there was no homework assigned!

No comments:

Post a Comment