Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mid Term

I'm officially half way done with student teaching!!! I am psyched because that means that soon enough I'll have my own classroom which is something I have been dreaming of since I was five years old! 

The weeks are beginning to go by a lot quicker now and I am so anxious and antsy. I also know that I am learning a lot from this and need to make sure I appreciate this opportunity and live it up. It's hard to not focus on the future only but I am trying the best I can. I have to admit I am excited about this FOUR day weekend!

Next week my mentor teacher is also out for three days for meetings so I'll be in charge :) There will be a sub in the room because of laws but I am still excited to say the least. 

I love the bond I am forming with these students and hopefully in a few months I'll be there sub! The days are getting busier now because I am teaching more and more and pretty soon I'll be teaching my ten day unit for my work sample. I wish it was more fun but my mentor teacher really wanted me to teach dictionary skills because the students don't have much experience working with dictionaries. Now the only part of student teaching I am dreading is the reflective paper and work sample... BLAH. I got one part of the work sample done and completed two lesson plans. My plan is to finish two more lesson plans tomorrow... Then by Monday I should have all ten lesson plans 100% completed! I really hope my plan works! 

A month from now when I'm writing I'll be talking about how I only have a few more weeks left.. time sure does fly! I hope the rest of student teaching goes as great as the first half :)!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the hard work! Getting your own classroom is a great achievement. That way you can run it like you want it with your own ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Stanford Medical, It's really the ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 19 KG less than us.

    (And by the way, it has totally NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING around "how" they eat.)

    BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "what"...

    TAP on this link to discover if this little quiz can help you unlock your true weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete