Tuesday, November 3, 2009

_______ Loves Justin...Timberlake

I student taught for 5th/6th multiage classroom my junior year of High School.

One day, we were all out on the playground, and I was just waking around, monitoring recess.

I saw the "popular" fifth grade girls sitting in a circle talking, and one of the girls looked pretty upset. I went over to her and asked her what was wrong. Then she told me to follow her, and there on the sidewalk, in sidewalk chalk was her name followed by loves Justin (Justin being another fifth grade boy). All the boys were laughing, and she was just angry and upset. Her friends were also angry and trying to figure out how they found out and what to do.

I simply said, do you have any sidewalk chalk? And she said yes, and I found the color it was written in, and added the word Timberlake.

The girls were so happy, and it was such a simple way to solve the problem.

Afterwards, I sat with them in their circles, and we laughed about the whole thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment